Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

Springer spaniel has had problems with left ear over many

Springer spaniel has had problems with left ear over many years and has has professional treatment. However, this morning he woke up shivering, has not eaten anything and is just lying on the sofa. If I go to him he is snarling at me which is most unlike him. I have made an appointment for him pm. but would like some advice re: water intake and possible cause of this. He ate and drank normally yesterday and was his usual lively self. Dog is 9years old.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this conversation. Please stay in the conversation if you wish.

Please let me know if you still need help or have already brought your springer to his vet. Regrettably, his behavior, while important, is too nonspecific and nondiagnostic for me to tell you possible cause. It may or may not be related to his ears. I can tell you, however, to be careful around him at this time as he's likely to lash out at you due to fear of being hurt further. You needn't worry about food or water intake in the few hours between this morning and his scheduled vet visit.

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.