Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

My dog has resently got in to a fight and one of his font

My dog has resently got in to a fight and one of his font canine teeth has bent up. What should I do leave or take to vet or pull it out

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

In regards ***** ***** question, if the canine has been bent this suggests that the tooth has either partially broken at the root or the fight damaged the boney socket holding the tooth. In this case, it is not an emergency but we'd want Titch's vet to remove this tooth. That way we can avoid it causing any future pain but also prevent it acting as a focus for infection in the mouth.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page as this is the only way the site credits me for helping you!: )

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
would he have to go to sleep or could it be done under general anaesthetic. How much would it cost

Hi again,

They would do this under general anaesthesia . If they were performing a dental cleaning at the same time, then it would like cost ~£150-300. Though if they were just removing the tooth, it would likely be less than that. But as prices vary by practice and location here in the UK, you need only ring his vet for a free estimate to get an ideal of what they would charge. And in doing that you could phone around to local practices and see who can do it for the least if you wished to do so.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.