Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.

My dog has swollen heart and fluid wud a lepto vaccine make

My dog has swollen heart and fluid wud a lepto vaccine make it worse

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Anne, unless Benja suffered a hypersensitivity reaction to that vaccine, there's no mechanism for it worsen congestive heart failure. My concern is more that vaccinating a 16 year against anything may not be advisable. It's questionable if a 16 year old's immune system could muster up an appropriate response to that or any vaccine. If it isn't absolutely necessary to do so, I wouldn't vaccine a dog of Benja's age against anything.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thankyou for your answer benja did have not a reaction but more like a mini fit sixteen days after vacine she had this problem for a while with an aged cancer and tumors she wasn't vaccinated against other,diseases cause of her age just lepto 2

Thank you for the additional information. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know.