Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My dog has had a FNA for a small lump on his belly and the

My dog has had a FNA for a small lump on his belly and the results are in. But i have been told that i have to wait until tomorrow as the vet is not in work. I asked if another vet could tell me and they said no. Is this correct?

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Clare, I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. There are no regulatory prohibitions for another vet or nurse to relay test results. It may be hospital policy not to do so but another vet certainly can do so. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. You may receive an inappropriate follow-up from the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.