Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488
Vet

My cocker spainal has some sort of allergy and he is

Hi my cocker spainal has... Show More
Hi my cocker spainal has some sort of allergy and he is scratching like crazy. He has been on aquopel for 12 months and my vet said this can cause him liver Damage so I have taken him off it. Is there any alternative I can use. I can't stand to see him so sore.
Show Less

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Jodie, I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please ask Sam's vet if the injectible Cytopoint (IL-31) is available in the UK. Here's the adverse effect profile for it: https://www.zoetisus.com/products/dogs/cytopoint/side-effects.aspx

Cytopoint is monoclonal antibody therapy (mAb) for chronic canine atopic dermatitis - the first of its kind. It doesn't have the same mode of action as the oclacitinib (Apoquel). Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer reply replied 10 days ago.
Thank you so much I will ask my vet

You're quite welcome. Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.