Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

I have a Pomeranian male 2 years. He has 3 small what look

I have a Pomeranian male 2 years. He has 3 small what look like when you've had a boil a little lump scared over not causing him any problems at all and not inflamed .0ne on front leg ,one back of jaw ish one mid torso back
Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the Pomeranian?
Customer: No he's happy and heathy I figured he'd. Had some sort of bit and was healing
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Each lump is size of small pea

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I understand that such small skin lesions may be difficult for me to see and assess but can you upload a photo(s) of these to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
In the first paragraph I said scarred I meant cleanly scared over no signs of anything attached

I understand, thank you. No photos have uploaded as of yet.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just attached picture

Thank you. Give me a moment to take a look, please...

Regretfully, the photo is too out of focus for me to assess properly. You'll need to move your camera back from the skin and try again, please...

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi doctor,if you could send your observations with the information I've supplied including the picture that would be fine .i first noticed theses bites A week ago his appetite is fine he's not scratching his sister has no signs of bites at all they both spend An hour a day in our overgrown garden we are in the south of England.Best regards Trevor

My best guess is that this is a scabbed epidermal collarette - a roughly circular skin lesion that begins as a pustule and then spreads out. They most often indicate bacterial skin infection usually caused by Staphylococcus. Because there are so few, systemic antibiotics aren't appropriate. I would address them with over the counter triple antibiotic ointment applied thrice daily until the skin normalizes. Neosporin or Polysporin are appropriate products. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi hope this is better

Excellent pic, thank you. It does look like a resolving furuncle (boil as you mentioned) that has formed a "cap" of scab. I would treat with one of those creams and allow the tincture of time to help resolve this.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thankyou very much. Best Regards Trevor

You're quite welcome. Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.