Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian.
49838867

I gave my dog her worming tablets this morning, but she was

Customer Question

I gave my dog her worming tablets this morning, but she was sick at half past 12. Is that long enough for the tablets to have dissolved or do I need to re-worm her?
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 19 days ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Kara. I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian and I'd like to help. Please give me a moment to review your concerns.

Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 19 days ago.

If the medication was given 2-3 hours before she vomited the worming tablets should have been dissolved, digested and out of her stomach/absorbed. There should be no need to re-dose her.

But if she vomited less than 2 hours after the tablets were given, or you saw any signs of the tablets in her vomitus, she needs to be re-dosed.

It has been my pleasure to help you today, and I hope that I have earned my 5 star rating. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). You are welcome to ask follow up questions about my response here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I wanted to make sure that you didn't have any further questions for me, and I'd like to know how things turned out for your pup. If you could give me an update that would be great, thank you, ***** *****