DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Experience:  20+yrs Exp in vet care. Emerg, Int Med, Ultrasound, Gen Practice
20798050

I'm concerned about my dog. She's 7yrs jack/chihuahua and

Customer Question

I'm concerned about my dog. She's 7yrs jack/chihuahua and finished her heat a week ago. Her eyes are bloodshot and her ears arer inflamed too. She's not eating but drinking LOTS of water. She also shivers unless she's asleep and she seems to sleep more often than not now. We've seen a vet and they said she might have myometra?! But they also told me that two years ago when I took her in for a weak leg. I got a second opinion and was told she'd pulled a leg muscle! Three days of anti inflammatory and she was fine.
Expert:  DocPaul replied 2 months ago.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I would be happy to help you

I am one of the veterinarians authorized on this site to answer questions by text and/or phone

If you would like to just text then please ignore the phone call request from the site

She has pyometra

The timing after the heat cycle and the increased water intake are highly indicative

She should be examined asap and spayed

I hope that helps!

Paul

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you Paul. I do feel her symptoms are more of a concern this time I'm very greatful of a second opinion. Brooke
Expert:  DocPaul replied 2 months ago.

You are most welcome Brooke!

Good luck and please keep me updated

You can rate me now- I will leave this link open so no more costs :)

Paul