Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My cat has a open wornd Assistant: I'll do all I can to

Customer Question

my cat has a open wornd
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your cat?
Customer: she has a open wound on the back of her neck
Assistant: Is your cat bleeding a lot?
Customer: no
Assistant: Phew. What is your cat's name and age?
Customer: her nan
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?
Customer: her name is ***** ***** do not know her age
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How long has she had the wound?

How large and how deep is it?

Is it gaping open?

Any pus or odor?

Can you take a photo of this for me to assess? To post it, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box (last icon). Or if you cannot see that, then post it on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr Instagram, etc) & paste the link here for me.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the cat wont let us any where near her sorry
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Ok, but can you describe the wound or even take a photo from above her without handling?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
its like a little cut on some one
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it is open but it does not smell and its not bleeding now
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately without your being able to handle her, this is going to be challenging for you to manage.

Topical care won't be practical and I feel she would need to see a local vet for a long acting antibiotic injection to help her. I will opt out just now to see if my colleagues can offer any other options you could try.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok thank you
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.