Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

I’m looking after my boyfriend’s dad’s dog. He’s a 7yo black

Hi, I’m looking after my boyfriend’s dad’s dog. He’s a 7yo black labrador in good health. I was having some grapes and fed him 3. I just read online that grapes can kill your dog and I’m freaking out and don’t know what to do. He’s fine, but it was only 10 minutes ago. Do you think I should take him to see a vet?? Thanks

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** Salkin, I’ll Wait your reply.

Please don't be alarmed. It would take at least 3 grapes per 10 pounds of body weight to consider grape toxicity (kidney damage). That would be far more than the three grapes for an adult Lab. Sonny will remain safe. There's no need to induce emesis nor treat in any manner. Please respond with further questions or concerns.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you so much! I was so worried! Thank you!

You're quite welcome. Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. You may receive an inappropriate follow-up from the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No problem. Really appreciate your help!