Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My cocker spaniel didn't seem to want to walk far yesterday.

Customer Question

My cocker spaniel didn't seem to want to walk far yesterday. This morning if you touch her back she screams, can I give her anything to help with the pain. I am trying to find a way to get her to my vet today but it's going to be very difficult - I only wish there was a mobile vet near where I live in St. Ives, Cambs.
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is your cocker spaniel's name and age?
Customer: The name is ***** ***** is 8
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lulu?
Customer: No, I don't think so.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Lulu, please?

Spinal pain due to degenerative/intervertebral disk disease (a "slipped disk") is an important consideration in such a cocker spaniel. She does need the attention of a vet at your earliest convenience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I contacted you at 8am this morning and was .told that you would reply in 8 minutes. It is now 14.58 in the afternoon!!! Found a animal hospital and have taken Lulu there but have not heard the results yet on X rays and scans they are going to do. Poor darling has been screaming with pain and you may well be right about the slipped disk. Thank you anyway.

I understand. Please contact customer service by email:***@******.*** or visit this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help to have your request removed from the list and your deposit returned to you.