Linda Simon
Linda Simon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

My dog just keeps bolting up and running round the room and

my dog just keeps bolting up and running round the room and just sitting in corners he is only comfortable sitting up
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your dog?
Customer: my dog keeps shooting up and running round and sitting in corners.he is only comfortable sitting up
Assistant: Where does your dog seem to hurt?
Customer: there is no real signs of pain but he keeps nibbling his back end
Assistant: OK. What is your dog's name and age?
Customer: bailey is4
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: he had blood in his pooh last week
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hi there you are through to Dr Linda. Just a few moments while I type my reply
Is he happy to go on walks and walking normally? Has he been eating ok and not had any vomiting?
Has the blood in his poo stopped and is his stool consistency now back to normal?
Is he able to use his tail as normal?
If the answer to those questions is yes, the first thing that comes to mind is an anal glands issue (either an infection or impaction). This can cause the actions you mention and some dogs will also scoot their bum on the ground and quickly look behind themselves at their bum. The best thing to do is to have his glands checked at the vet. A previous episode of loose poo may have brought this on.
Another thing that it may be is simple irritation of the anus after abnormal poo (diarrhoea or constipation). The vet would want to assess the area for any inflammation.
I do hope that this answer has been helpful and please do not forget to rate the service by selecting the stars at the top of the screen so I may be compensated for my time. Even after rating we can continue the conversation. Dr Linda