Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

I have got a hunter puppy she is vomiting and don't eat

Good afternoon. I have got a hunter puppy she is vomiting and don't eat don't drink . Can you give me any advice what can I do?
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the puppy eat anything unusual?
Customer: Did she eat a little clothes about 10cm after she is vomited
Assistant: What is the puppy's name?
Customer: It is Hungarian name Mazsola
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Hungarian?
Customer: Right now her ear is cold. Don't drink don't eat . Just low down, moving slowly.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- How old is your puppy?

2- Did she get into anything?

3- How much does she weigh?

4- How long has this been going on?

5- Any diarrhea?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
1. 8 months old
2. Today she ate 2 boiled eggs and a little of pears
3. Around 20 kilograms
4. around 4-6 hours
5. she had 4-5 days ago

Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer. No need to accept the phone call request. Thank you.

Friend, vomiting can be caused by many different medical conditions. I will not be able to pinpoint the exact underlying cause without a hands-on examination and some testing, I am sorry. But, common causes are dietary indiscretion, ingestion of a foreign body, infections, or even part of a systemic disease to name a few causes. This is what you can do:

1- Do not give things like Pepto Bismol or Imodium. You can start her on Pepcid AC (famtoidine) 10mg or Zantac (ranitidine) 75mg 1/2 tablet every 12 hours. You can buy Pepcid AC or Zantac over the counter in any pharmacy (chemist).

2- No food or water for 6-8 hours. Need to give her gastrointestinal tract time to rest.

3- After 6-8 hours offer a small amount of water. Wait half hour, if no vomiting, offer a small amount of rice (50%) with boiled boneless chicken or ground beef (50%) 4-6 times a day. Keep her on this diet for several days then wean her into her regular diet.

4- If she continues to vomit after doing the above or not willing to eat and lethargic she will need to be seen by your family veterinarian for a hands on examination.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for your answer, Doctor!

You're welcome. :)

Kindly rate me when you are done. Thank you.

Dr. Peter