Linda Simon
Linda Simon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

I have some anti septic cream on my hand and my kitten has

I have some anti septic cream on my hand and my kitten has licked a bit of it off and I’m worried she’ll get sick
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your kitten will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your kitten?
Customer: She’s 4 months old and otherwise healthy
Hi there, you are through to Dr Linda. Ingesting a small amount of any anti-septic cream should not cause any real issues, even in a young kitten. The only thing that may happen would be a mild stomach upset. You could offer a bland diet of boiled white chicken and rice little and often today to ensure her stomach remains settled. I would also encourage her to drink.
Check her tongue and gums for any ulceration, but with a small amount of cream, this should not happen.
I do hope that this answer has been helpful and please do not forget to rate the service by selecting the stars at the top of the screen so I may be compensated for my time
Even after rating we can continue the conversation. All the best, ***** *****