Linda Simon
Linda Simon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

Assistant: How can I help? my dog jumped while I was

Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: my dog jumped while I was clipping her nails and I slipped and cut too far up
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is your dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: Quite a lot
Assistant: What is your dog's name and age?
Customer: I can stem the bleeding but then she’ll jump up and it will start again
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: Her name is ***** *****’s 2 years old
Hi there you are through to Dr Linda. Just a few moments while I type my reply
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Linda
First of all, don't panic! This happens commonly both at the vet clinic and at home. Pour some cornflour (or something similar) in an egg cup and then gently roll the cut claw in it. This will seal it and stop bleeding. For the next 20 minutes try to keep Luna calm and still, as the lower her heart rate and blood pressure the less risk of bleeding.
If it continues to bleed, fashion a pressure bandage- place thick cotton wool on the claw and hold it in place with some mandating material. This should only stay on for an hour or so as we do not want the area getting too sweaty.
Silver nitrate is the real solution and what we use in vet clinics so if all else fails you can get this from your pharmacy to apply or bring her to the vet for a quick application.
These things happen to the best of us so don't feel bad!
Although it may seem like a lot of blood she will be just fine.
I do hope that this answer has been helpful and please do not forget to rate the service by selecting the stars at the top of the screen so I may be compensated for my time. Even after rating we can continue the conversation. All the best, ***** *****
Would you still like a phone call?
bandaging material
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I think I should be ok thank you
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you so much for your help
Thank you for the kind accept and please feel free to keep me updated.