Matt_DVM
Matt_DVM, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Veterinarian emphasis on emergency medicine, surgery, radiolgoy and dermatology
23749114

My cat is squinting in one eye and the eyelid around it is

Hi there, my cat is squinting in one eye and the eyelid around it is very red. There doesn't seem to be any discharge and he is eati g and not in distress.
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name?
Customer: He is called Duncan.
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Duncan?
Customer: He is adopted and very nervous. Is an indoor cat and li e with one other indoor rescue cat. I don't know how relevant that is!
This is usually one of two things. A scratch on the eye or conjunctivitis. A veterinarian needs to do a stain of the cornea to diagnose a scratch. This also let's us see how bad the scratch is. Usually a weeks course of medication is all that is needed.