Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

Our cat is on vidalta 10 mg tablets for thyroid problems

our cat is on vidalta 10 mg tablets for thyroid problems diagnosed by our vet,By mistake i have given her two 10 mg instead of one 10 mg. What should i do , just miss out tomorows tablet ?
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?
Customer: i have given her 2 10mg vidalta tablets by mistake instead of 1 tablet, what should i do
Assistant: Where does the cat seem to hurt?
Customer: not hurt
Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the cat's name?
Customer: felix
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Felix?
Customer: age 13 years good health other than thyroid tablets for last 6 months

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Correct, missing the next scheduled dose is appropriate. Adverse effects from overdose of carbimazole (Vidalta) are uncommon but when they arise are usually transient and related to the gastrointestinal tract - inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea. It's more likely that you won't see any adverse effects at all. There's no need to induce emesis nor treat in any manner. Please respond with further questions or concerns.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thank you

You're quite welcome. Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.