Linda Simon
Linda Simon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

I have a due to whelp this weekend. She is up to date with

Hi I have a bitch due to whelp this weekend. She is up to date with her worming but our vet said she should have panacur granules until 2 days after birth. They have given us 23 days worth as we started on her 55th day. Should i still giver her the full course?
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infestations the bitch can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the bitch's name?
Customer: Misty, she's a Skye Terrier 4 years old
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Misty?
Customer: This is her second litter.

Hi there, you are through to Dr Linda.

The Panacur course until 2 days after whelping is certainly recommended as it protects the pups from internal parasites. If at all possible, the course should be completed.

Panacur can be purchased online, from a vet or pet store and does not require a prescription.

Similarly, pups should be wormed with Panacur every 2 weeks from 2 weeks of age.

It has been a pleasure helping you out today, and I hope that you feel I have earned a five-star rating. Please remember to rate the service by selecting the stars at the top of the screen, otherwise the website will not compensate me for my time. There is no extra charge for this (it’s included in your question fee). Even after rating, you are more than welcome to continue asking questions. Thank you, ***** *****