Linda Simon
Linda Simon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

My male mouse of 1.5yrs has mange/mites and I was wondering

Hi, my male mouse of 1.5yrs has mange/mites and I was wondering what dosage of ivermectin I should use topically?

Hi there, you are through to Dr Linda. Just a few minutes while I type my reply

Ivermectin should be used under the supervision of a vet and ideally a vet or nurse will apply the treatment for you. It is not only important for a vet to confirm the diagnosis and rule out underlying causes but also to assess for secondary bacterial infections and to ensure the therapy is working adequately.

The recommended dose for mice can be found in this table: http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/?id=-450528

Use the xeno mini spot-on.

The average mouse weighs 30g so requires 3 drops. Apply to the skin on the back of the neck where it cannot be ingested.

Use a kitchen weighing scales to weigh your mouse and be very slow and careful when apply drops. They are given every 7-14 days as needed.

Here is an example of a link to the drops: https://www.animeddirect.co.uk/xeno-50.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAmuHhBRD0ARIsAFWyPwilL3NGTMsyfp3zw8wSvIwIwN6td4TK_p7m79hnWgUL9a93ih5lbicaAlXiEALw_wcB

It has been a pleasure helping you out today, and I hope that you feel I have earned a five-star rating. Please remember to rate the service by selecting the stars at the top of the screen, otherwise the website will not compensate me for my time. There is no extra charge for this (it’s included in your question fee). Even after rating, you are more than welcome to continue asking questions. Thank you, ***** *****