Jav917
Jav917,
5071285

My dogs allergies seem to have flaired up Assistant: I'll do

Hello my dogs allergies seem to have flaired up
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?
Customer: We had a similar problem in the Summer but today he is particularly bad. His nose is running, he's panting, scratching and shaking his head
Assistant: What is your dog's name and age?
Customer: Marley is 10 years old. He'll be 11 in April
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Marley?
Customer: I also think this is affecting his joint as he seems to be limping
Assistant: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: The vet usually gives him apoquel but I'd rather not wait until Monday. Is there somewhere I could get this now to relieve his symptoms?

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet Techfor over 35 years.

Unfortunately the Apoquel is a Prescription medication and can be only gotten through your Vet;s office. With that being said we can off some supportive care by giving 1-2 mgs of Plain Benedryl per pound of body weight every 6 to 8 hours as needed. I would start with the low dose side and see if it helps, becuse it will make your dog sleepy. If the low dose does not work you can always give the second Mg and the pills come in 25 mg tablets.

I would see your Vet Monday and let him know you gave Benedryl in an emergency and get the Apoquel at that time.

Please reply top discuss this ingprmation.

Joan

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thank you very much

You are welcome.!

Joan