Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

My cat has recently had a tooth descale and polish where it

My cat has recently had a tooth descale and polish where it was found she has a gum infection. She was prescribed with zodon and told to take 1ml in the morning every day. She has been on it for 8 days, yet online it says it should not be used for more than 4?
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections your cat can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Zaffy
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Zaffy?
Customer: Shes 10, and is missing teeth
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She has trouble eating due to pain but will still carry on

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Good news, this actually can be used for prolonged courses. Sometimes data sheets will give a basic time frame but we use Zodon for weeks for resistant infections without issue. So, that is ok here. That said, if Zaffy is still sore post dental, ring her vet for a kitty safe pain relief like Metacam or Buprenorphine. That way we can just keep her comfortable while she is healing (just as we would if it were us).

Kind regards,

Dr. B

**************************
Afterwards, as I am giving you my own free time, please take a moment & rate me with the **STARS** (or leave a written rating of 1-5; 5 being great). Otherwise the site won't credit me for helping you. There is no extra charge for this & rating me now does not close your question. We can continue until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you! : ) **

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay brilliant �� I was just worried as i didnt know if it would poison her, thankyou very much!

You are very welcome, my dear.

Glad to be of help & wish you both the best there. :)

Have a lovely day,

Dr. B