DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Experience:  20+yrs Exp in vet care. Emerg, Int Med, Ultrasound, Gen Practice
20798050

Our 10 month border collie is refusing to eat what we give

Hi, our 10 month border collie is refusing to eat what we give her. She is raw fed and had been since 10 weeks. She is completely fine in herself and drinking water. We've seen her go to the toilet and she has stolen the cat food! This has been going on since Saturday and I'm at a loss as to what to do?
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the Border Collie's name?
Customer: Luna
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Luna?
Customer: No
Hi! Dr. Paul Brazzell here. As a side note RAW diets are not safe. Lots and lots of cases of dogs getting very sick on these diets. So I would stop feeding that asap. That said I can give you some recommendations to get her eating again. Paul
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
She never responded well to dog food previously. It upset her tummy when she was a pup.
What would your advice be?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No thank you to the phone call
Thanks for info. I would switch over to a product like Royal Canin or Hills. I would add some no salt chicken broth to the diets to make them tastier. Start with that :). The I had a finicky English Setter for 15 years so hang in there. Paul
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
OK. There's so much conflicting advice! I mean the cat just gets cat food!
But you think that it sounds like her being picky rather than unwell?
I think she is just fine :). My wife is a dou ble board certified veterinary pathologist. She sees all the effects of RAW diets. So know that my advice is the right stuff. Lets ee how that diet change works. Okay?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
OK, thank you