Dr. Diane
Dr. Diane, Veterinarian
Experience:  30 years exp. in small animal and emergency medicine!
47858

My dog accidently ate cooked chicken bones and im worried.

Hello my dog accidently ate cooked chicken bones and im worried. Is there a way i can check if shes okay?
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: No shes healthy otherwise
Hello, I'm Dr Diane..when did she eat the chicken bones and what size dog is she?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Shes 8 kilos, and about 3-4 hours ago. Ive been watching her the whole time.
Ok it is usually not recommended to induce vomiting because a sharp objects like a chicken bone can cause damage to the esophagus when it comes back up. Most bones, once they have made it to the stomach and the stomach acids have a chance to work on them, there is little chance that they will cause a problem. Having said that, it may be a good idea to feed your dog something bulky like boiled white rice to help bind the bones perhaps as they pass through. Keep a close watch for the next day or 2 for symptoms like loss of appetite, vomiting, or diarrhea.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay thank you very much! I will feed her some rice.
Thank you for the 5 star rating and have a great night! Dr Diane