Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

I think that my dog Opal Rose ( 2 years and 8 months) got

Hi, I think that my dog Opal Rose ( 2 years and 8 months) got any infection. There is some discharge from vulva. It is white color. But she looks normal, no vommiting, eating as always
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No
Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Opal Rose
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Opal?
Customer: She is pug dog
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She was in a heat. Her heat cycle started at 4 of March

Dr. Michael Salkin is typing. Please note that experts aren't allowed to prescribe prescription drugs in this venue.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Opal Rose. You appear to be describing the pus of pyometra - purulent endometritis - which can arise a few weeks to a few months after estrus (heat). This describes a hormonally induced bacterial infection of the uterus. She would have an open pyometra - the cervix is open allowing the pus to roll out her vagina. This buys her some time as a closed cervix traps pus in the uterus and my patient becomes toxic quite quickly. Spaying is curative. If she's a valuable breeding dog, conservative (medical) therapy is available. Please have Opal Rose's vet attend to her at your earliest convenience. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.