Dr. Dan M.
Dr. Dan M., Veterinarian
Experience:  10 years of experience as a veterinary surgeon
23462335

My cat started having the runs 4 days ago now she has lost a

hi my cat started having the runs 4 days ago now she has lost a lot of weight she has not eaten or drunk anything in 2 days and now she is vomiting clear flem and does not seem to want to move about
JA: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?
Customer: she ate a mouse before this all started
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
when will i get an answer
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
helooooo i paid where is my answer

I am sorry your cat is unwell and it is a concern that she is now vomiting as well as having diarrhoea. This could present the risk of her becoming dehydrated which is potentially life threatening. I would be encouraging you to seek veterinary attention, your vet even if closed will have access to 24 hour emergency veterinary services so they should be contacted.

My concern is that the recent ingestion of a mouse my be causing a serious intestinal upset, or even worse a blockage which could require surgery.

The absence of drinking and with the recent vomiting will increase the risk of dehydration.

If you are unable get her seen by a vet this evening, then you should offer her small frequent amounts of water to help it stay down. Starve her for 24 hours (her anorexia is doing this anyway) and keep her warm and comfortable until you vets opens in the morning (if not open there are other vets that are open on Sundays that won't charge an extra out of hour)

I wil continue writing so you have chance to read this

There are other causes of diarrhoea and vomiting that aren't related gastrointestinal disease, we sometimes see this with hormonal conditions such as hyperthyroidism but this doesn't often develop suddenly and is more likely in older cats. Sometimes heart conditions can also cause diarrhoea and illness, but again I would expect your cat to have been unwell for sometime.

So, to recap, she does sound unwell and I am concerned that if left in this condition she may deteriorate more and require much more invasive treatment (hospitalisation, fluids etc)

I really hope she is OK and it isn't anything too serious

Dr Dan

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thank you will get her to the vets tomorrow

Excellent, good luck