Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My dog is 14 years old and he walking all the time in

My dog is 14 years old and he walking all the time in circles and he's acting nervous.
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No wound
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about 14 Years Old?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He making high pitch noises

Dr. Michael Salkin is typing. Please note that experts aren't allowed to prescribe prescription drugs in this venue.

I'm sorry to hear of this with your elderly dog. His circling, anxiety, and vocalizing are hallmarks for encephalopathy (brain disorder) affecting his forebrain - cerebrum and thalamus. These brain disorders can have an intracranial (within the skull) etiology such as brain tumor as well as extracranial (outside the skull) etiologies such as a poorly functioning liver intoxicating the brain (hepatotoxicity) or poorly functioning kidneys intoxicating the brain (uremic encephalopathy). His vet will want to perform a thorough physical and neurologic exam including diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests in an attempt to identify an extracranial etiology that might be addressed in a conservative manner. Cerebrospinal fluid tap and analysis and MRI are diagnostics used to identify intracranial etiologies. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He also have problem with walking. How much cost euthanasia?

Regrettably, I can't know what you would be charged where you live and so always ask for a written estimate prior to anything being done.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.