Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

Old cat had bacterial infection two weeks ago, old cat had

Old cat had bacterial infection two weeks ago
JA: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections the cat can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name?
Customer: old cat had bacterial infection .... vets prescribed meds but cat now limping on one back leg and not eating
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: its 17 years old and had a urine test 4 weeks which showed urine bacterial infection. Also
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Dr. Michael Salkin is typing. Please note that experts aren't allowed to prescribe prescription drugs in this venue.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I'm sorry to hear of this with your elderly cat. Regrettably, lameness is difficult to assess from afar. Your cat may have injured the leg, it may be osteoarthritic, cancerous, or infected. While spread of infection from the urinary tract isn't likely, it needs to be considered as infection can find its way into the spine or intervertebral disc(s) and damage to the spinal cord can result in hind limb lameness. Your vet needs to know what you're seeing at this time. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.