Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

I took her to the vet last week and she was prescribed

I took her to the vet last week and she was prescribed Onsior for her back problem... she still seems to be having episodes where she stiffens up and shakes I was wondering if there is anything else I can buy like a anti inflammatory with painkillers
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: French bulldog, she’s 6 years old no other health problems
Assistant: What is the French Bulldog's name?
Customer: Frenchie
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Frenchie?
Customer: No that is it, she doesn’t have any other health issues

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I will review your question and get back to you ASAP with a response

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Sorry to hear that your Frenchie has been having back problems. Onsior belongs to a class of drug known as non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) so is a good choice to use when there is pain and/or inflammation. If the onsior alone is not controlling the pain then a second pain killer may be added in, this could be an opoid like tramadol or something like gabapentin if nerve related pain is suspected. These are things that your vet can prescribe if they felt it was appropriate, however he may also need further investigation regarding the cause of his pain.

Hope that answers your questions, please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Chris