Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

Hellomy pet is a senior dog at the age of 15 firstly this

Hellomy pet is a senior dog at the age of 15 firstly this online service seems like a great
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: her poop seems to be coming out normally but has a scoop out of one side each time, like a semi circle section has been taken off of the length each time
Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Eddie and she’s 15
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Eddie?
Customer: She struggles to eat hard food so is on a diet of mainly senior wet dog foods consisting of rice and meats but can manage some of the softer biscuit foods when they are wet

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I will review your question and get back to you ASAP with a response

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you Chris

Can you tell me if she is straining to go to the toilet at all? Does she have any blood in the faeces?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
She doesn’t seem to be straining more than usual and there hasn’t been any blood in the poop so far

Ok good, does the poo look flattened at all when it comes out?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
slightly on one side, more like an ice cream scoop has gone along one side

Ok, in that case I would be concerned that there could.be a problem with one of her anal glands which is pressing against her stool as it comes out. It could be something like an infection or abscess but a mass or tumour could also be possible. I would advise taking her to your vet for them to check it out. Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Chris

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for your help Chris

You're welcome. If I could just trouble you to accept my answer and leave me a rating. It enables Just Answer to credit me for answering your question today. Many thanks. Chris