Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

She has pulled a ligament in her left front leg, again! Ruby

She has pulled a ligament in her left front leg, again! Ruby is a lurched and last time she did this I took her to the vet and he gave her a course of Cimalgex (5 days) 30mg . It cleared up but she has done it again going bonkers when my son arrived home and she was jumping up and slipped on the vinyl floor. Should I take her back to the vet?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: A female lurched dog
JA: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes, but there is no wound and she only limps for a while after resting
JA: The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Ruby
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ruby?
Customer: She is 8 yrs old and in general good health

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I will review your question and get back to you ASAP with a response

Sorry to hear that Ruby has hurt herself. It sounds likely that this is just a sprain. If you have any more cimalgex then you could give this to her one a days for 4-5 days and rest her, if it is a sprain it will probably settle down. If the lameness is not starting to improve with rest over the next few days, then yes she will need to be seen by your vet.

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any further questions.

Chris

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi, I don’t have any cimalgex left but I will keep an eye on her and review in a few days. Thank you.

You're welcome. Hope she is on the mend soon