Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

On Friday Evening my chihuahua-pomeranian cross swallowed a

Hello on Friday Evening my chihuahua-pomeranian cross swallowed a whole apricot stone. I tried to make him vomit but it didn't work. He also hasn't poos it out since then. He behaves as normal, he eats plays and poos as usual. But I'm worried that it's stuck in him. Is there anything I could do to help him?
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your Chihuahua will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your Chihuahua?
Customer: He is 9 pounds (4.5kg)

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I will review your question and get back to you ASAP with a response

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

It is possible that the stone will pass through, so I would keep checking his faeces, sometimes they will sit in the stomach for a little while before entering the intestine. If he is eating/drinking/passing faeces as normal then I wouldn't worry at the moment as he is not showing any sign of obstruction. Signs of obstruction would start with vomiting which is often profuse and an inability to keep anything down. There would also be lethargy, reduced appetite and reduced/abscent faecal production. If this occurs then she will need to go to the vets straight away. I hope that helps, please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Chris

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you very much, should I try to make her vomit again?

I don't think that is likely to help at this stage, especially if it didn't work the first time

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok, thank you