Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

I have a 12 year old female cat who has changed she wont eat

i have a 12 year old female cat who has changed she wont eat food no more dry or wet but she will nibble at chicken she lost so much weight we can feel her bones but her tummy area is bulging she also cant cry anymore proper it sounds more like a tinny whinge is there a serious problem with her?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name?
Customer: tootsie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tootsie?
Customer: she is not as agile no more either she seems like she is in pain when she is walking or trying to get on the sofa

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I will review your question and get back to you ASAP with a response

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok thankyou

I would certainly say that those signs are concerning. Poor appetite and weight loss can.be symptoms of many underlying conditions I think it is definitely worth making an appointment to get her checked out.by your vet. She may also need some blood tests. Hope that helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Chris

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
going off the symptoms i told you what kind of underlying problem could this be?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thats what im trying to find out

Kidney disease, liver disease, hyperthyroidism, dental disease, diabetes and cancer are all possibilities I'm afraid

You're vet will be able to narrow it down after examining her, but may need blood tests to confirm