Dr. Sara
Dr. Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM 19 years
45762142

My 2 year old French bullldog has suddenly become blind the

My 2 year old French bullldog has suddenly become blind the vets do not no what has caused it or Havant done a mri scan
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the French Bulldog?
Customer: he’s blind in both eyes they don’t no what has caused it there gonna try him on antibiotics but she said the best thing is to refer him to get more tests done but that will cost several grand and if we can’t afford that the best option is to put him asleep
Assistant: What is the French Bulldog's name?
Customer: Blu
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Blu?
Customer: No he’s usually a healthy fit dog iv contacted the breeder she said that it hasn’t happened to mum and dad or any other pups
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is there any vets that do mri scans

Hi, this is Dr. Sara. Sorry to hear this. My first thought is that you don't need an MRI right away.... Did you see an ophthalmologist yet? Or did your vet mention something that would indicate to the contrary?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No they said the best thing would be to refer him but that will cost several grand and I cannot afford this they said they have sent more bloods to be tested one of his bloods come back and one of his red blood cells is inflamed or something

Hmmm ok. I agree referral, but may be start with an ophthalmologist. Have you looked for that specialty in your area? Where are you located? An ophto visit will not cost several grand.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
110 edge lane drive L134AF
Liverpool
Merseyside

I am in the US. Can you google veterinary ophthalmologists near you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Im just going to contact one now what should I ask for

I would just explain that Blu seems to be acutely blind. You would like to have the ophtho Dr. examine him. They can request records from your vet so the Dr. has all the notes and blood work to look at. This will be affordable and maybe you will get an answer without having to do more diagnostics.

Find someone to help??

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok thanks

You're welcome. Hope you get an answer.