Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

I have given my dwarf hamster her second dose of Xeno 50

Hi, I have given my dwarf hamster her second dose of Xeno 50 parasite medication and she won’t stop turning onto her back and rubbing against the side of her cage
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infestations the hamster can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the hamster's name and age?
Customer: Thanks, ***** ***** is ***** ***** she is 1 year and a few months old
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Winnie?
Customer: She is quite aggressive so I am unable to pick her up Thanks

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I will review your question and get back to you ASAP with a response

Was the area of skin where you applied the treatment red or sore before you applied it? How does it look now?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** fine in the area before and is now covered in sand from her sand bath

It is probably just the cold/wet sensation of the drops being applied that has made her behave that way in an attempt to clean it off. The irritation should subside once the drops dry. I hope that helps? Let me know if you have any further concerns. Chris

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** she stop this behaviour?

Probably a few hours, if you make sure she is nice and warm it will help it dry quicker