Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

We have a 4.5 month old border collie and are planning a

We have a 4.5 month old border collie and are planning a long road trip. We intend to stop several times it up to no
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the Border Collie?
Customer: Travel sickness after more than one hour of travel. We intend not to feed him on the day, , only after arriving. We are wondering about trying Stugeron but at what dosage
JA: What is the Border Collie's name?
Customer: Jack
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jack?
Customer: No. He’s developing fine and in good health

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Sorry to hear that you have travel sickness problems with Jack. The drug in the sturgeon tablets is not one which is generally used in dogs so information about safety, effectiveness and dosage is not available. Your vet can however prescribe you with a suitable medication for dogs. There is one available know as Cerenia tablets for dogs, they are very effective at the prevention of travel sickness. The good news is that many puppies will also eventually grow out of travel sickness as they grow up. I hope this has adequately answered your question? Please let me know if you require anything else.

Chris

Thanks for your accept of my answer. I noticed that you only gave me 3 stars - I am happy to provide further information or answer any follow up questions if you need, just let me know.