Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

My jack Russell has been gasping and seems like

My jack Russell has been gasping and seems like hyperventilating she also has very raspy bark - I’m worried she seems to be struggling for breath - she’s 4 years old

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

How long has she been like that for? Has she been able to keep food and water down ok? Anything that initiated the episode? Can you check her gum colour by lifting her lip and checking what colour it is? Should be nice and pink

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Very dark pink I’ve been away this week she’s been at a friends said she’s been mobile and active but snoring a lot more than usual and keeps having the hyperventilating worries she might have something stuck in her throat she was apparently sick last night
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can send video if that helps