Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

I have a stray cat that lives in my shed and i need to catch

i have a stray cat that lives in my shed and i need to catch her but she is very aggressive can i put something in her food to make her sleepy .
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the stray stray. What is the stray stray's name and age?
Customer: she has not got a name i have been feeding her for 4 years not sure how old she is but she is a small cat i would say she mite be around 6 or 8 years old at a guess but we are moving house and the lady a few doors from me said she would have her if i could catch her but she is very aggressive when i try to pick her up .
JA: What is the stray's name?
Customer: i havent given her a name
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the stray stray?
Customer: no

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Thanks for taking the time to look after this stay cat, it is a shame that she is aggressive but this is often the case with feral cats that have not been used to human contact at an early age. There isn't anything that could safely be added to the food oral sedatives are generally pretty unreliable in cats. I would recommend contacting your local brach of the Cats Protection League, they may be able to lend you some thing called a cat trap - basically a cage which you put food into, when the cat enters the door closes behind them. I would recommend having the cat checked for a microchip and neutered as well if not already done. I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions or need further advice.

Chris