Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

My cat had a patch of hair that doesn't look like she's

Hi my cat had a patch of hair that doesn't look like she's washed properly. It seems to hurt her when I touch it. It's on her back leg
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is your cat's name and age?
Customer: Wiggles is roughly 3 years old
Assistant: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Her name is wiggles
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Wiggles?
Customer: She has a kidney condition

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Are you able to send me a picture of the area you are concerned about? How long has it been like that?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Only just noticed it today there isn't anything visual
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
She just whimpers when I try pet her there

Ok, have you been able to look closely enough to check for any wounds in that area? Does the fur there seem hard or matted? Is she limping on that leg at all?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Her fur is matted a bit but I can't seem to find a wound. She feels a little lumpy there

Does she go outside?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
she's quite a hunter too

Ok, well I would be suspicious that there could be a wound or injury of some type there. Bites from other cats in particular can be quite hard to see sometimes and can be very sore. It might be best to get her checked by the vets tomorrow, they can shave some of the fur away to get a better look and give her the correct treatment. I hope that helps? Let me know if you need any further help or advice.

Chris

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you Chris

You're welcome!