Linda Simon
Linda Simon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

I can’t thibk of anything that she could have ingested that

Customer Question

I can’t thibk of anything that she could have ingested that would’ve been poisonous... she is drinking water, but eating. I gave her a lick-e-lix, which she usually goes crazy for - she slowly licked half of it, but that’s all...
Expert:  Linda Simon replied 3 months ago.
Ok thank you for this. It is reassuring you cant thinking anything poisonous.
As she has had the lick-e-lix before this shouldn't have posed too much of an issue.
If she is not very hungry, I would try making up a tasty broth like dish. You can add warm water to boiled chicken pieces to make a type of soup. The water should be extra tasty and the warmth releases the aromas and flavours. We want to ensure she eats as otherwise cats can become weak/sluggish.
It's great that shes drinking and I would continue to offer her as much water as she likes.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She is drinking a lot of water - more than usual - also the amount of water that she vomited last night was rather a lot
Apologies, I only saw this response now.
She may be drinking more to compensate for the vomiting and loss of appetite. However, increased thirst can also be seen with health conditions such as diabetes and kidney disease. It can be useful to measure the amount of water she is drinking in a 24 hour period over a few days and record the average.