Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

My cat is breathing really fast and laboured Assistant: I'll

My cat is breathing really fast and laboured
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is your cat's name and age?
Customer: Kiki. We don't know how old it is, the cat was a stray.
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?
Customer: The cat is unresponsive to her favourite treats

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

This does sound concerning, we must be careful with any breathing problems. Is she breathing with her mouth open at all? Also could you could her respiratory rate for me over 1 minute (in and out = 1 breath)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you! The cat's breathing seems to be slowing...about 40 minutes ago it was 72 breaths per minute, then about 30 mins ago it was 60 and is now down to 46.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Occasionally the breaths are audible
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Her mouth remains closed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please help us

Ok. That is really quite high. I would be concerned about a heart related problem. Are you able to get her to an emergency vet this evening?