Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

She pooped out flesh Assistant: I'll do all I can to help.

She pooped out flesh
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Dog
Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Chewie 3 years
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Chewie?
Customer: She was spayed may 2nd and the flesh has stiches in it
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She has been sick for 3 days but has ibs. She seemed immediately better after eating chicken and rice tonight and then pooped the flesh.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This is the flesh
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Im taking her to the vets tomorrow but wanted to know if i should go to out of hrs now
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She seems much much better in herself now.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Sorry to hear that she has been unwell. Has she has diarrhoea in addition to passing this material? How does she seem in herself?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She had diarrhoea on friday but none on sat or sun. She was puked 3 times on sun and 3 times today. She seemed fine fri-sun. Today she has been lethargic and unable to get comfy. She seemed better after a long nap. And she was 100% after she ate chicken and rice this evening. She didnt eat breakfast though. She now seems 100%
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She hadnt passed anything today apart from that picture.

Ok, if she seems bright in herself and is not having active vomiting or diarrhoea right now then I think she will be ok until your appointment tomorrow. The material she passed does look quite concerning for some large intestinal lining suggesting quite bad colitis - this may need investigations/treatment tomorrow.

I hope that answers your question, please let me know if you need any further help or advice.

Chris

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Fo you think that the matieral is from anything left over after her spaying 2 months ago? The material she passed had stiches in it.

It is not possible that she would have pooed out stitches from the spaying, that must be something that she has eaten at some point. Indeed what you are seeing could in fact be material she had ingested and not bowel lining at all - if you take it to the vets they will be able to check.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay. Thank you so so much

You're welcome.