Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

I have just had my dog vaccinated with anti rabies as i am

I have just had my dog vaccinated with anti rabies as i am returning from Italy to the UK. Now looking at his passport I see he needs the normal vaccines too, (a month overdue) can i get these done in a few days or best to wait longer? I don't want to upset his system with too much at once!
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?
Customer: I have just had my dog vaccinated with anti rabies as i am returning from Italy to the UK. Now looking at his passport I see he needs the normal vaccines too, (a month overdue) can i get these done in a few days or best to wait longer? I don't want to upset his system with too much at once!
JA: Where does your dog seem to hurt?
Customer: nowhere
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: no i need to talk with a vet please
JA: Is your dog eating normally?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. No appetite problems. Is your dog having trouble peeing or pooing?
Customer: no
JA: OK. No obvious problems there. How is your dog behaving differently?
Customer: no
JA: OK. No obvious behavior changes. What is the dog's name?
Customer: cesare
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cesare?
Customer: yes
JA: What else should I tell the Veterinarian?
Customer: I have just had my dog vaccinated with anti rabies as i am returning from Italy to the UK. Now looking at his passport I see he needs the normal vaccines too, (a month overdue) can i get these done in a few days or best to wait longer? I don't want to upset his system with too much at once!

Dr. Michael Salkin is typing. Please note that experts aren't allowed to prescribe prescription drugs in this venue.

You can have the vaccine done at any time. We commonly give all of the necessary vaccines concurrently. Very small dogs are the exception as they appear to suffer from more adverse vaccine reactions than larger dogs. Which breed is Cesare, please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
border collie

Thank you. His breed isn't one that is associated with more hypersensitivity reactions to vaccines. I would have him vaccinated at your earliest convenience. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok thank you!

You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.