Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

My greyhound just ate one half of a peanut butter and

Hi there, my greyhound just ate one half of a peanut butter and raspberry jam sandwich. Should I take him to the vet?
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your greyhound will be able to digest that. What is your greyhound's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he's 3 almost 4 in October. He's a rescue and still getting used to things, that's why he was able to sneak behind me and grab it
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Olly?
Customer: Nothing I can think of

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Can you just check the ingredient list of the peanut butter for me? So long as it does not contain an ingredient known as xylitol then he should be fine and won't require treatment.

You can send me a photo of the ingredients if you are not sure.

Chris

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It just says roasted peanuts, brown sugar, palm oil and salt. I'm also now a little guilty about the palm oil ��
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I'm good? Don't need to go to the vet?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
He's gonna be okay?

Ok then there is not too much to worry about!

He may get a little diarrhoea from it but nothing worse than that :). I have lurcher myself so I know all about their side surfing habits!

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Great, thank you so much

You're welcome.

If I could just trouble you to accept my answer and leave me a rating using the stars at the top of the screen. It enables Just Answer to credit me for my time. Many thanks.