Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

We have a 4.5 year old Maltese girl and 3 or 4 weeks ago she

Customer Question

Hi we have a 4.5 year old Maltese girl and 3 or 4 weeks ago she didn’t want to go for walks etc as normal. 10 days ago she spent 2 nights in our local vets not well at all with some sort of virus. We have since been refered to a specialist referral centre, today she had an mri scan which has shown nothing. They have also taken fluids from leg joints which have been sent away to test for arthritis. She was also exrayed at our local vets which showed nothing either. Before today’s scan we were told that it was either her pancreas which she has had problems with in the past, or meningitis or even possibly a tumour. The referel centre has said that our dog has swollen lymph nodes. Today she could not stand up properly as she kept holding up her left rear leg. The centre is not saying they need to perform a ct scan if there are no signs of arthritis when they get the results tomorrow. The work they have done today alone cost 3450
JA: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections the Maltese can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the Maltese's name?
Customer: Lola
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lola?
Customer: Lola had pancreatitis twice in the past and we don’t know why that’s it really. She has still been eating well
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We have promised an answer tomorrow but we were initially promised an answer today as to what is going on
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 5 months ago.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 5 months ago.

I would be happy to go over her case and see if I can shed some light on things for you, but in order to do that I will need a copy of her medical history, blood test results and ideally the report from the referral centre. If you have these, please feel free to attach them using the paper clip icon and I will review them and come back to you as soon as possible. Thanks, Chris