Jav917
Jav917,
5071285

I have a dwarf Boa that had a small lump on her head for a

Hi, I have a dwarf Boa that had a small lump on her head for a month or so, however after her last Shed this has turned into a quite nasty-looking scab on the top her head.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the boa's name and age?
Customer: Shira, just over 2 years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Shira?
Customer: She is much smaller than all her brothers and sisters, believed to be a dwarf
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I've attached a photo of the scab

My name is ***** ***** I am a Vet Tech with over 40 years experience in Reptile Health and care.

I just viewed the picture. That may have been an abscess that opened and scabbed. Reptile abscesses are unlike human abscesses, as they are thick cheesey material rather than watery purulent liquid.

I have to auggest a Herp Vet visit to have the area looked at and if need be they can do a biopsy.

I would be happy to locate a Herp Vet for you if supply which country in the UK.

Please replt to discuss this and for a list of Herp Vets.

Joan

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Okay, thanks alot. I've found a several Vets that treat reptiles, and have reached out to the 3 close ones to see which can see her soonest

You are very welcome and the snake is beautiful/ I feel the best thing is to have the Herp Vet look rather than me trying to guss even if it is educated guess. If my answer has been helpful, please take a moment to rate my service positive.

Joan