Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

Have a 9year old Staffordshire terrier Has had projectile

Hi have a 9year old Staffordshire bull terrier Has had projectile diarrhoea for 2 days and sickness mostly bile as been feeding her on rice and hard boiled egg mixture when she wants to eat . Is there anything else we can do to help her. Regards ***** *****
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the Staffordshire Bull Terrier?
Customer: Projectile diarrhoea two days feeding when she wants boiled rice and hard boiled egg mixture sick few times mostly watery.
JA: Where does the Staffordshire Bull Terrier seem to hurt?
Customer: No signs of pain
JA: What is the Staffordshire Bull Terrier's name?
Customer: Bonnie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bonnie?
Customer: Her nose is very dry. If irrelevant

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Hi Paul, sorry to hear Bonnie is unwell. I would suggest trying her with some probiotics such as Canikur or Prokolin, these can often be purchased over the counter from you vets or from online animal pharmacies. I would continue with a bland diet such as you are already doing, boiled chicken or white fish could also be added for some variety. Make sure she is drinking plenty, you can give light chicken broth to encourage fluid intake.

If the symptoms are not resolving over the next 24-48hrs or she becomes lethargic or develops a fever over 38.8 degrees centigrade, then I would advise a visit to the vets as she risks dehydration with prolonged vomiting and diarrhoea. The underlying cause of the issue may also need looking into as typically 'normal' gastroenteritis will show signs of settling within 72hrs.

I hope that helps? Please let me know if you need any further information or advice.

Chris

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thankyou will follow your instructions Regards Paul

You're welcome. Let me know how she is tomorrow