How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Chris Your Own Question
Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Category: Vet
Satisfied Customers: 868
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
Type Your Vet Question Here...
Dr Chris is online now

Would be entitled for my dog to have treatment here I am a

Customer Question

Would be entitled for my dog to have treatment here I am a widow and im on a pension
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your dog?
Customer: He is biting round his back passage could it be his anal glands
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is your dog's name and age?
Customer: Toby 4 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Toby?
Customer: No
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Vet
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 5 months ago.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 5 months ago.

Sorry to hear about your dogs discomfort with his rear end, certainly anal gland problems would be the first thing to rule out in addition to parasites such as fleas.

We are an online question and answer service, we cannot examine or treat animals, you would need to see a local veterinary practice for this. If you are on a low income you may be eligible for charity assistance, I would try contacting the PDSA initially.

I hope that helps? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.


Expert:  Dr Chris replied 5 months ago.