Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

13yrs cat, diagnosed dry eye syndrome, prescribed Lubrithal,

13yrs cat, diagnosed dry eye syndrome, prescribed Lubrithal, cat rubs eyes imediatly after I put in , then stops ,eye improves.This for 2 days then gets much worse, I am told to put use more frequently, but it distresses him so much. I now put in2/3 times daily,is there any alternative to more than this please.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the cat?
Customer: Dry eyes see above
JA: Where does the cat seem to hurt?
Customer: Eyes
JA: OK. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Octopussy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Octopussy?
Customer: He has beendiagnosed wioth dry eyes.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

I'm sorry to hear about your cats diagnosis of Dry Eye or 'Keratoconjunctivitis Sica (KCS). Can I just check is he on any other treatment for this or just the lubrithal?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Was1st prescribed a stronger treatment, twice a day only, but eyelids swelled and were very sore immediatly cat rubbed constantly for mins, hadto hold him for a long time to stopp him scratching. Very unhappy cat!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Have used Leucillin on scratches around eyes by nose, and Beaphar eye gel ,and eye lotion Trixie eye lotion, to try and sooth irritation and stop infection.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Diagnosis in 2016

I had tried to call but no answer