Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

13yrs cat, diagnosed dry eye syndrome, prescribed Lubrithal,

13yrs cat, diagnosed dry eye syndrome, prescribed Lubrithal, cat rubs eyes imediatly after I put in , then stops ,eye improves.This for 2 days then gets much worse, I am told to put use more frequently, but it distresses him so much. I now put in2/3 times daily,is there any alternative to more than this please.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the cat?
Customer: Dry eyes see above
JA: Where does the cat seem to hurt?
Customer: Eyes
JA: OK. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Octopussy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Octopussy?
Customer: He has beendiagnosed wioth dry eyes.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

I'm sorry to hear about your cats diagnosis of Dry Eye or 'Keratoconjunctivitis Sica (KCS). Can I just check is he on any other treatment for this or just the lubrithal?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Was1st prescribed a stronger treatment, twice a day only, but eyelids swelled and were very sore immediatly cat rubbed constantly for mins, hadto hold him for a long time to stopp him scratching. Very unhappy cat!
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
please.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Have used Leucillin on scratches around eyes by nose, and Beaphar eye gel ,and eye lotion Trixie eye lotion, to try and sooth irritation and stop infection.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Diagnosis in 2016

I had tried to call but no answer