Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

Profor twice a day, but was very erscribed a stronger gel

Profor twice a day , but was very erscribed a stronger gel twice a day, but very swollen and sore so had to discontinue.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

I have attempted to call you twice but there is no answer

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry my phone is next to me , hasnt rung ! 01903 717849 Where are you?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Cancel phone call please , I previously assumed it had been canceld as 'not ' available,and online reinstated.

I can try again now if you like?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I prefer on line at this time. Thanks

Ok no problem. I am available to talk if you change your mind.

I would suggest asking your vet about the using a treatment called 'Optimume' in your cat. This treatment aims to help to reverse the immune mediated damage to your cats tear glands and so restore normal tear production. This will always be better than using ' tear replacement products' which must be applied very frequency and are not as effective.

The response to treatment can be measured using a Shirmer Tear test which involves placing a small strip of paper in the eye to measure tesr production - this was probably done at the time of diagnosis.

Please feel free to message again if you have any further questions. I hope that helps?

If you could just let me know if you have been able to view my last message?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
he had the last test about 3mths ago, It was' low '. I was just told to aply lubrithal more times a day, I will ask him about Optimume.Could this 'cure' the problem, or is it an ongoing treatment? Thankyou.

It will not 'cure' the problem, it would involve ongoing treatment, but it may enable you to manage it better and enable less frequent lubrication to be required.