Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

On Friday after a day out with other dogs, I noticed this

On Friday after a day out with other dogs, I noticed this lump on my dogs stomach. I’ve phoned the vet but they can’t see her until next week and I’m worried sick.
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: She’s nearly 2, very active, isn’t off her food or anything like that. She did pee in the house Friday too which she’s not done since she was a tiny pup but not happened since

Dr. Michael Salkin is typing. Please be patient.

Can you upload a photo(s) of this lump to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
here is it
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It is even

Thank you. Give me a moment to take a look, please...

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
She spent the morning playing with two other westies, and they rough and tumble a lot

Excellent photo. If this came up suddenly, a blood blister would be my primary concern...an injury from the other dogs, perhaps. I would be patient with this and see if it resolves unaided within a couple of weeks.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
She was groomed on Monday and it wasn’t there then and She’s always rolling around on her back so I’d have noticed. It came up after a day of play. She’s letting go touch it and doesn’t seem to be causing her pain

Yes, that's the history of a traumatic lesion such as a blood blister. Topical care isn't helpful but the tincture of time should suffice. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thank you. Do you think it’s worth me taking her to the vets Tuesday or just give her a bit of time

I would be patient as the vet is likely to tell you to monitor (only) this skin lesion. I never argue with a hands-on exam, however, if that will give you peace of mind.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thank you

You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.